BOARD OF DIRECTORS
EGNATIA ODOS S.A.
& MANAGING DIRECTOR
MEMBER OF THE BoD
MEMBER OF THE BoD
MEMBER OF THE BoD
He was born in December 1954, in Thessaloniki.
BSc in Rural and Surveying Engineering, School of Rural and Surveying Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (1976).
PhD from the Faculty of Engineering, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (March 1983).
Visiting researcher at the Institute of Geodesy, Geoinformatics and Land Management of the Munich University of Technology of (Technische Universität München) (1990), as well as at the Institute of Surveying and Engineering Geodesy of the Vienna University of Technology (Technische Universität Wien) (1990-1991).
Professor of Engineering Geodesy at the Department of Civil Engineering, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki.
Director of the Laboratory of Geodesy & Geomatics of the Department of Civil Engineering (2000 to date).
Director of the Division of Geotechnical Engineering of the Department of Civil Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (1997-98 and 1998-99).
Municipal councillor, Municipality of Thessaloniki (2009-2011).
President of the National Map Library – National Centre for Maps & Cartographic Heritage – European Centre for Communication Information and Culture (2007-2009). Deputy President of the same agency (2005-2006).
Executive Vice-Chairman of the BoD of the Municipal Baby Nursery of Thessaloniki “Agios Stylianos” (2009-2010).
Executive Consultant of the Municipality of Thessaloniki on issues pertaining to the strategic development of the urban agglomeration of Thessaloniki (2007-2010).
Regular member of the BoD of the Centre for the Preservation of Mount Athos Heritage (Ke.D.A.K.) (2007-2010). Substitute member of the BoD of the same agency (2004-2007).
Regular member of the BoD of the Institute of Engineering Seismology and Earthquake Engineering (I.T.S.A.K.) (2005-2010).
Member of the Executive Board of the Organisation of Planning and Environmental Protection of Thessaloniki (2007-2010) and substitute member of the BoD of Thessaloniki Innovation Zone (2007-2010).
To date, Mr. Savaidis has participated in 34 national and European research programs (funding or covering of costs), in 12 of which he occupied the position of the “scientist-in-charge”. In addition, he has taken part in more than 60 international and national scientific conferences.
Member of many scientific organisations and agencies, peer-reviewer for scientific journals, and collector of old maps of the city of Thessaloniki and its wider area.
Author of more than 220 papers published in scientific journals and proceedings of international conferences. Furthermore, contributor in 10 conference proceedings and map exhibition publications, and author of 25 course books and teaching notes for different courses.
In 1982, he got married with Charoula Fakidou; he is now the father of two children, Dimitris and Ismini – Anastasia.
He speaks English fluently and German on an intermediate level.
Born in 1956, in Galatista, Halkidiki.
- He is married and the father of two children.
- BSc in Architecture -graduated from the School of Architecture, Faculty of Engineering, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, in 1980.
- He practices the liberal profession as a designer – supervisor and constructor of private building projects.
- He is a permanent resident of Galatista.
SOCIAL – POLITICAL ACTIVITY
- As a student (1974 – 1980), he was actively involved in the student movement.
- During the same period, he was also involved in the cultural movement and took part in the re-establishment of the Cultural Association of Galatista people in Thessaloniki, having also been its first President after the Greek military junta (1979).
- He was elected President of the Community of Galatista for three subsequent terms (1987 – 1998).
- He was elected Mayor of the newly-established (“Kapodistrias” public administration reform) Municipality of Anthemounta for the years 1999 – 2002.
- He served as General Secretary (Regional Governor) of the Region of Eastern Macedonia and Thrace in the years 2003 – 2004.
- He was a candidate parliament member for Halkidiki in the National Elections of May and June 2012.
During his term as a President of the Community of Galatista, he also served as:
- President of the Developmental Association of Central Halkidiki.
- Chairman of the Local Council of the 9th Geographical District of Halkidiki.
- Vice-Chairman of the Development Organisation of North-Central Halkidiki.
During his term as Mayor of Anthemounta, he also served as:
- President of the Association of Local Authorities of Halkidiki.
- Member of the Regional Council of Central Macedonia.
- Member of the Monitoring Committee of the ROP (Regional Operational Program) of Central Macedonia.
- Member of the Monitoring Committee of the Special Program for Local Authorities-Central Macedonia.
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Development Company of Halkidiki SA (AN.ET.HA SA).
- Member of the Managing Committee of LEADER+ of Halkidiki.
During his term as a General Secretary of the Region of Eastern Macedonia and Thrace, he also served as:
- President of the Balkans and Black Sea Regional Commission (CRPM).
- Chairman of the Regional Council of Eastern Macedonia and Thrace.
- Chairman of the Monitoring Committee of the ROP (Regional Operational Program) of Eastern Macedonia and Thrace.
He was born in 1972 in Veroia, Prefecture of Imathia.
He is a graduate of the Faculty of Law, Economics and Political Science of Aristotle University of Thessaloniki.
He is the cash keeper of the Board of Directors of Thessaloniki Bar Association.
He is the Deputy Chairman of the Lawyers’ Insurance Fund (KADITH)
He has in the past been Deputy Chairman of Thessaloniki Bar Association.
He is Chairman of the Disciplinary Council and the Dispute Committee of Thessaloniki Bar Association.
He is Chairman of the Mediation Committee of Thessaloniki Bar Association.
He is Chairman of the Economics and Exploitation – Administration Committee of Thessaloniki Bar Association Assets.
He has in the past been Chairman of the Amicable Settlement Committee of the Directorate of Commerce - Prefecture of Thessaloniki.
He has in the past been Chairman of the European Programmes’ Committee and the Administration Committee of Diagonios Hall of Thessaloniki Bar Association.
He has represented Thessaloniki Bar Association at the International Bar Association.
He is the general secretary of the Scientific Association of Vlachs.
His law office is located in Thessaloniki.
Mr. Manolis Kelaidakis was born in 1970 in Eleftheroupoli.
He is a graduate of the “University of Macedonia”, Department of Business Administration.
He is currently a Management Consultant.
He was born in 1982, in Katerini.
BSc in Environmental Engineering, Technical University of Crete.
MSc in the field of energy saving in buildings at Brunel University, London.
MSc in Environmental Protection and Sustainable Development at the Department of Civil Engineering, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki.
Member of the Technical Chamber of Greek (TEE).
Member of the Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE)
Design and file preparation for licensing and installation of photovoltaic systems in collaboration with specialised technicians and design offices.
Employed as environmental engineer at the Department for the Environment of the technical service of the Municipality of Katerini; his main responsibilities include the preparation of Environmental Impact Assessment Studies (EIAS), as well as the preparation of the feasibility study and the supervision of the construction of parts of the new sanitary landfill.
- Seminar on the software packages TEE-KENAK and 4M KENAK used in Energy Inspection and Certification of Buildings, as well as in the preparation of integrated Energy Efficiency Studies (Environmental Technology Assessment)
- Seminar on “Energy-saving design of new and existing buildings”, Technical Chamber of Greece – Central Macedonia
- Seminar on “Environmental Impact Assessment Studies”, Technical Chamber of Greece – Central Macedonia
- Seminar on “Economic assessment of energy-saving interventions”, Technical Chamber of Greece – Central and Western Thessaly
- Seminar on “Measurement techniques in energy inspection of buildings and industry”, Technical Chamber of Greece – Central and Western Thessaly
- Seminar on “Energy Efficiency and Certification of Buildings”, Technical Chamber of Greece - Lamia
- Seminars for operation, maintenance and installation technicians of biological treatment facilities, Chania-Crete
FOREIGN LANGUAGES AND COMPUTER COMPETENCE
- First Certificate in English (University of Cambridge)
- Toefl iBT (85/120)
- ECDL expert
- AutoCAD, TEE KENAK, 4M KENAK
- Theocharis Tsoutsos, Androniki Tsouchlaraki, Manolis Tsiropoulos & John K. Kaldellis, "The aesthetic integration of wind parks in the environment - Application in a Greek insular wind park" presented in WREC, 23 July 2008, Glasgow
- Theocharis Tsoutsos, Androniki Tsouchlaraki, Manolis Tsiropoulos, Michalis Serpetsidakis, "Visual Impact Evaluation of a wind park in a Greek island", Applied Energy, accepted, August 21st, 2008
He was born in 1967 in Thessaloniki and is married with two children.
He is a graduate of the School of Civil Engineering of Aristotle University of Thessaloniki and holds a master’s degree in the Protection of Environment and Sustainable Development of the School of Civil Engineering of Aristotle University of Thessaloniki.
He has worked as a freelance engineer, designer of private and public projects, specializing in hydraulic and environmental designs. Since 2002, he has been general partner of the technical designers’ company D.K.N.D. ENGINNERS O.E., which is involved in highways, hydraulics, environmental designs and consultancy services for infrastructure projects.
He has also worked as a Technical Consultant of Central Macedonia Region in co-financed projects, as an executive of D.K.N.D. ENGINEERS O.E.
He is a member of the Permanent Committee of Infrastructure Projects of the Technical Chamber of Greece- Central Macedonia (Τ.Ε.Ε./ΤΚΜ)
He is Chairman of the Civil Engineers’ Association of Thessaloniki (SPMthess) having in the past been general secretary.
He has in the past been deputy in charge of the volunteer programme of forest protection and aerial surveillance of Thessaloniki Aeroclub, as a member of the BD and cash keeper.
He speaks French, English and Spanish.